Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Color Club - Electro Candy

Hi there! Here's a little something to brighten your day, literally. I picked up Color Club's Electro Candy collection from Ross a long time ago but have only swatched one of the colors before this, Tangerine Scream. I felt like putting on something bright so I chose the pink of the collection, Electro Candy! All of the colors in this collection have a really pretty blue flash to them (except for TS, which flashes white) and it looks really cool against the neon pink of EC. It's certainly an attention-getting shade! I was pretty pleased with the application, it was very smooth and not streaky in the slightest. However, being a neon, it was fairly sheer and needed 4 coats to reach opacity. You can't see any nail line in the pictures but I can see a little bit in person at certain angles. My only complaint with this is that it seemed to take much longer than normal to dry! I always use a quick drying topcoat; in fact, the one I'm currently using is what came with this collection, the Vivid topcoat. My nails are usually fully, completely dry after 30-45 minutes but even after an hour I managed to get some dents and smudges with this polish. It only happened on 2 or 3 of my nails though, but it was still surprising to me. Overall I really like this color and think it's a great, fun shade for summer. :)



Click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...