Sunday, August 14, 2011

Orly - Galaxy Girl

Hello there! Today's post is a really unique shade, I think. Galaxy Girl came out in last year's Cosmic FX collection and while the most talked about shade of that was Space Cadet (which is beautiful), I think GG was the most interesting. The base is a sort of brownish red purple and it's full of duochrome sparkle that shifts from teal to dark pink. It might sound sort of gross but it reminds me of a very pretty bruise. Definitely unusual. The teal sparkle is the most obvious, the dark pink seems to come out more in the shade for me. I hope you can see it alright in the indoors picture below. The formula was good, very even and smooth and I got full opacity at 3 coats. I should really get more polishes from Orly, everything I've tried has been great! I'm looking forward to the upcoming Mineral FX collection. And I can't bring up Orly now without mentioning Fowl Play from their current Fall release. It's a pretty close duplicate of OPI  Merry Midnight, a rather coveted color. I know that some people won't be satisfied unless they have the original but I'm glad there's an easier option out now for those who don't care too much. :)



Click to enlarge.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...