Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Orly Nail Rescue Saves The Day!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late post, Florida is still being all soggy and cloudy so I decided to do a post that doesn't need sunshine to be shown off. Orly Nail Rescue is a simple but tremendously useful system that will save your cracked, broken nails. I can directly credit this with letting me keep my long nails for as long as I did. Without it I'd have had to trim down much earlier. Here's what you get in the box (minus the instruction sheet):


On the left is the nail glue. As far as I know it's the same as any other nail glue you'd get off the shelf, the bottle says you can use it for applying fake nails too so it's not limited to just fixing your nails. The key component here is on the right in the little round container. It's full of a very fine, white powder that, when combined with the nail glue, hardens into a resin that holds together the broken part of your nail and protects it. It's easy to use. All you do is brush the glue onto the broken section and then dip the entire glue-covered part into the powder. Then you can lightly dust off the excess powder and use the included file to smooth out the repair. I usually buff it with a finer file just to make it extra smooth. I've tried using tea bags and silk wraps in the past to repair cracks and tears but nothing has worked as well for me as Nail Rescue. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that to take it off you will need pure acetone to dissolve the glue-powder mixture so you might want to avoid using acetone-based remover to keep from weakening the patch. I use non-acetone remover all the time anyways so it's not a problem for me, but just a heads up. I hope this review is helpful to any of you who have fragile nails like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...