Monday, June 27, 2011

Zoya - Kelly

Kelly was a huge hit last year, showing up nearly everywhere as a big fall color. So what do I do? Put it on in the middle of a standard Florida June summer, duh. :) I've never been a traditionalist and I don't plan on starting now. I wanted something neutral and dark but not black, so I reached for Kelly. I am very, very pleased with it! Highly pigmented and went on in two easy coats. It's a deep grey with a definite blue hint in the base. In the shade it even looked like a straight up dusty deep blue but in the sun you see that it's genuinely grey.


Click to enlarge.


How do you feel about wearing dark colors in the summer or bright colors in the winter? Do you stick to the general rules or do what you feel like?

2 comments:

  1. I do it all the time!
    The other day I was running around with black topped with a SH prism that is so light that it only works with black!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black is such a great base for layering things like SH prisms or the SH HD polishes! Really brings out the beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...