Sunday, April 1, 2012

China Glaze - Fast Track

Hello everyone! I can't believe it's the first of April already. It feels like New Year's Day was just yesterday.. I hope you're having a pleasant Spring so far. :) You'll notice my nails are much shorter here. It's no April Fool's prank! I broke my thumbnails in two separate incidents and developed a bad nick in another nail, so I trimmed them down. Thankfully I didn't have to go to full nubbins, but these definitely feel very short. I needed to do some filing down anyways.. I just never expected it to go this far!

Fast Track is another polish from the Hunger Games collection. It's the one I've looked forward to most and I'm extremely pleased with it! The base is a greyed yellowish beige that's FILLED with golden shimmer! It's really striking in the sun, just sparkly and lovely. In the shade the shimmer is more subdued, but still visible. I think you could probably get away with this at work. It's definitely more interesting than your usual beige. When  I put it on, I was reminded somewhat of Zoya Jules; while they're somewhat similar (though you can't see Jules' gorgeous shimmer too well in that old picture), Jules has a much more grey-brown base, much cooler toned than Fast Track, I think. I can't get enough of these types of colors though. I think they're classy and chic without being dull. The formula was a pleasure as well, two simple coats giving me the coverage I wanted.


Click to enlarge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...