Wednesday, January 4, 2012

China Glaze - Thataway

Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful time ringing in the new year. I sat on my couch and watched Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN before going to bed around 12:30. Can you tell I'm not a partier? :) Anyways, here's my first swatch of the new year. I got this along with some other new polishes at Sally Beauty a little while ago. I think people forget sometimes how great the core colors of brands can be! Limited edition collections are great but there's so much more. Thataway is part of CG's core collection and a really great polish. It's a soft, almost peachy-coral orange full of yellow shimmer. It initially looks frosty when wet but then settles down into a nice diffused shimmer. It went on super smoothly in 2 coats and has been a very cheery escape from winter. It's been unseasonably warm recently but in the past few days we've had a hard cold snap with temperatures in the 20s at night! That's a big deal for us sub-tropical folks. I'll stay inside and keep warm by painting my nails. :)


Click to enlarge.

4 comments:

  1. Really great colour!

    And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color! My son picked it out for me for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this! And I normally don't like orangey colors! This would be great for summer!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...