Monday, November 7, 2011

Nicole by OPI - Yellow It's Me

Hello everyone! I finally have another swatch for you. This is my first post with my new, very short nails. I don't think I picked the best color for short nails.. Yellow It's Me is a really cool color in the bottle, light yellow packed with pink shimmer. It always makes me think of raspberry lemonade or something like that. However, the yellow base is jelly. Yellow + jelly = not the most flattering results. To me, it makes my nails look sickly. I'm also not a fan of jellies since they tend to be sheer, you can see the tiniest bit of VNL here after 3 coats. However, I still think this is a really cool color that would look great layered over a bright, solid yellow to give it some more punch and keep it from looking washed out. The first photo is most color accurate for displaying the base color while the second photo shows the true color of the shimmer. It really is a cool color combination.




Click to enlarge.




2 comments:

  1. your short nails look great. I'm conflicted on yellow nail polish. I have some but every time I wear one all I can think about is when I can take it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't recognize your fingers at first. You've got such nice long nailbeds that this length looks great on you--just a big change for my eyes but I'll adjust of course. :)

    Yellow can be such a tricky color, at least for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...